COVID-19 Booster Incentive and Test Kits
COVID-19 Booster Incentives
Employees and spouses enrolled in the State of Ohio medical plan could receive up to $25 for obtaining a COVID-19 booster vaccination and other immunizations.
Important: The reward for getting a COVID-19 booster vaccination can only be obtained by completing the online attestation on the Virgin Pulse Hub. Each person must complete his or her own online attestation. The reward for employees and spouses will be paid through the employee's paycheck.
To access the online attestation for receiving the COVID-19 vaccine booster or another immunization:
- Go to das.ohio.gov/Wellness and click The Hub tile.
- Once logged in, click Programs in the top menu.
- Click View All.
- Scroll down, click the Immunizations tile, and click the START NOW button.
- Your first and last name should be prepopulated.
- In the third box, for the immunization received, enter "COVID-19 booster" (or another type of immunization).
- In the fourth box, from the drop down menu, select Other immunization.
- Enter the date of your immunization.
- Click the box to confirm all of the information provided is correct and truthful.
- Click the SUBMIT button.
To receive a COVID-19 vaccine booster incentive this benefit year, complete your online attestation by June 30, 2023.
COVID-19 Test Kits
If you are enrolled in the State of Ohio medical plan, you can now receive at-home COVID-19 test kits as part of federal efforts to expand access to test kits by requiring group health plans cover FDA-approved home tests. This can be done either over the counter at the point of sale, online or by reimbursement.
The State of Ohio’s pharmacy benefit manager within the medical plan, OptumRx, will cover the test kits.
Options to purchase test kits or get reimbursed:
- Purchase at-home test kits at Walmart, Sam’s Club, Walgreens and Rite Aid – They can process claims for the test kits at the point of sale with a $0 copay at the pharmacy counter.
- Order at-home COVID-19 tests online with $0 copay – Get free shipping on orders of $45 or more through the OptumStore. Log in to OptumRx.com, go to "Get at-home COVID-19 tests with $0 copay" and click the Order Now link.
- Purchase a kit and then submit an online form for reimbursement – Purchase your test kits at other retailers and keep your receipt(s) to submit for reimbursement. You will be reimbursed the lesser of the following: the actual cost per individual test or up to a maximum of $12 per individual test.
- Submit your receipt online for a quicker reimbursement or mail in your paper reimbursement form.
- Submit an electronic or paper claim form by visiting OptumRx.com/TestInfo.
There is a limit of eight tests per member per month for those enrolled in the state’s medical plan. For example, a family of four could purchase up to 32 test kits per month. COVID-19 tests typically expire within 60-90 days.