BUILDING ACCESS BADGE
Building access badges can be requested for employees or contractors by submitting an email request to:
1. Access Badges are issued to State of Ohio employees and contractors who are regularly assigned to perform work duties in a DAS building.
2. All badge requests must be made by an employee’s or contractor’s supervisor or manager.
3. Contractors are not authorized to request a new or replacement badge for themselves or others.
4. All Access Badge requests should be sent to DAS.GSD.Security.ID.Card.Processing@das.ohio.gov and provide:
5. Photographs of new employees/contractors can be taken in the Facility Management Offices in any DAS building. (Riffe based employees should use the Rhodes Tower Facility Management office)
6. Photographs of employees requesting replacement badges should be less than 5 years old. If a photograph was taken more than 5 years ago, a new employee photo should be taken for the replacement badge.
7. Access Badges typically are available within 24 hours or less from the time of request.
8. Access Badges can be picked in the DAS Facility Management Office.
9. Any problems with non-functioning badges should be reported immediately to the DAS Monitoring Center at 1-614-466-3346.
Requests must have a new photograph submitted before the badge can be produced.
Contractors whose assigned work location will be in a state-owned building managed by Ohio DAS and whose assignment may continue for more than a few weeks, should receive and display a building access badge.
Please follow the instructions above for both new and replacement badges.
Photos for access badges are taken every Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the DAS Facility Manager’s Office. No appointment is necessary.
Termination of Building Access Badge:
If a state employee or contractor terminates employment with an agency within a state-owned building, the badge holder must surrender his/her building access badge to the appropriate manager within the agency. Agencies are responsible for returning all badges to the DAS Facility Manager’s Office. The Facility Manager’s Office will process the terminated card by: 1) deactivating the employee/contractor’s access to proximity readers on agency floors and 2) by destroying the access badge.
If a state employee or contractor transfers to another state agency, the employee’s/contractor’s current building access badge must be surrendered to the appropriate manager within the transferring agency. The transferring agency must return the badge to the DAS Facility Manager’s Office for destruction. The receiving agency must seek a new building access badge by completing and signing the attached Building Access Badge request form.
DESTRUCTION OF ACCESS BADGES:
Agencies must return all surrendered badges to the DAS Facility Manager’s Office for proper destruction