PURPOSE: Supervisory skills are essential to enable a work team or an organization to achieve maximum potential. Good supervision can result in higher employee morale, productivity, quality of work, and ultimately a more successful organization. The Supervisory Excellence program is intended to deliver essential supervisory knowledge and skills to State supervisors.
PROCESS: You will have the opportunity to learn with and from a group of your peers in a small classroom environment, focusing on relevant and important supervisory issues. Methods of instruction include: lectures, videos, group work, experiential activities, assessments and more.
PAY-OFF: Supervisory Excellence courses will provide you with the tools and confidence you need to be successful in your role as a supervisor. Each class offered in the Supervisory Excellence series will further your knowledge, skills and abilities in one of the competency areas listed below.
Click the link to view:Supervisory Excellence competencies
Supervisory Excellence curriculum
Supervisory Excellence Competencies
Click the model below to view the Supervisory Excellence competencies. Click here to view the Supervisory Excellence curriculum.
Who Should Attend
- Participants must be exempt from the bargaining units in order to enroll in this program.
- Please follow all your internal agency procedures regarding training prior to registering for all training programs and/or classes.
- Supervisory Excellence courses are offered at no cost and only open to Ohio government employees paid by warrant signed by the Director, Ohio Office of Budget and Management
Enrolling in Classes
Use the online registration system to view the schedule and enroll in Supervisory Excellence classes:
- Click the link or paste http://trainreg.das.ohio.gov into your Web browser address field.
- Login or create a new user account.
- Then click the Supervisory Excellence Series link to view available classes.
- Select the specific class you want, and follow the registration directions.
If after registering you cannot attend, please cancel your registration at least two days before the class date. Because many of our classes have waiting lists, individuals who are repeated no-shows may be removed from future classes. Cancel online at http://trainreg.das.ohio.gov.