PURPOSE: When workers are achieving their maximum potential, ultimately everyone benefits. The Core program is intended to deliver essential worker knowledge and skills to state government employees, both bargaining unit and exempt. These courses may be taken individually or as a part of other OLPD programs.
PROCESS: You will have the opportunity to learn with and from a group of your peers in a classroom environment, reviewing, rediscovering and learning from a variety of topics that are relevant to state government employees. Methods of instruction include: lectures, videos, group work, experiential activities, assessments and more.
PAY-OFF: Core courses will provide you with the tools and confidence you need to be successful in your current position or to move on to more challenging opportunities. Some Core courses are prerequisites to other courses and programs offered by the Office of Learning & Professional Development.
Click link to view the Core Skills training course descriptions
Who Should Attend
- These courses are open to bargaining unit and exempt state government employees.
- Please follow all your internal agency approval procedures regarding training prior to registering for training programs and/or courses.
- Core Skills Training courses are offered at no cost and are only open to Ohio government employees paid by warrant signed by the director of the Office of Budget and Management.
Enrolling in Classes
Use the online registration system to view the schedule and enroll in Core Skills Training courses:
- Click the link or paste http://trainreg.das.ohio.govinto your Web browser address field.
- Login or create a new user account
- Click the CORE link, then the Core Skills Training link to vew available classes.
- Select the specific class you want and follow the registration directions.
- The Core courses will be offered on a rotating cycle on a yearly basis.
- If after registering you cannot attend, please cancel your registration at least two days before the class date. Because many of our classes have waiting lists, individuals who are repeated no-shows may be removed from future classes. Cancel online at http://trainreg.das.ohio.gov.