VERN RIFFE CENTER FOR GOVERNMENT & THE ARTS
- The Riffe Center was completed and occupied in 1988.
- Approximately 2,000 state employees work in the building.
- Construction costs totaled approximately $130 million.
- The Riffe Center contains 1.1 million square feet of space.
- The building is 503.5 feet high and has 32 stories.
- The Executive Conference & Training Center is located on the 31st floor of the Riffe Center.
- The Ohio Arts Council's Riffe Gallery is located on the first floor of the building.
- The Riffe Center also contains the Capitol Theatre, which is managed by the Columbus Association for the Performing Arts.
- The building is named in honor of Vernal G. Riffe, Jr., who was elected state representative for the 89th House District in 1958, and was speaker of the Ohio House of Representatives from 1975 to 1994.
Building management contact information 614-644-5391
Directory of Services: