The mission of the Business Certification and Compliance Unit is to ensure equal opportunity access to and fair treatment in government contracting. The unit strives to achieve its mission by maximizing contracting opportunities through certification of minority-owned, women-owned and socially and economically disadvantaged businesses, certifying veteran-owned businesses, and enforcing the affirmative action laws and regulations required of contractors doing business with the State of Ohio.
The unit has the responsibility for implementing the Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) program and the Encouraging Diversity, Growth and Equity (EDGE) program. Those responsibilities include:
- Certifying minority-owned, women-owned, and socially and economically disadvantaged businesses, making them eligible to participate in the state's socially and economically disadvantaged business initiative programs;
- Maintaining a searchable database of certified businesses;
- Monitoring businesses’ compliance with certification requirements;
- Implementing program rules and conducting training; and
- Assisting state agencies with the selection of contracts for inclusion in the programs.
The unit also has responsibility for certifying businesses into the Veteran-Friendly Business Enterprise (VBE) program.
The unit has the responsibility for implementing the Construction Compliance program. Those responsibilities include
- certifying contractors’ compliance with affirmative action programs and equal employment opportunity laws and regulations;
- reviewing and approving affirmative action plans;
- monitoring state and state-assisted contracts and construction project sites;
- implementing program rules and conduct training; and
- providing assistance to state agencies, colleges, universities and municipalities with the implementation of construction compliance programs.
Todd McGonigle, Program Manager
Kathy Dabney, EEO Contract Specialist
Paul Holliman, EEO Contract Specialist
Priscilla Smith, EEO Contract Specialist
Alonzo Webb, EEO Contract Specialist
Cathy Armstrong, EEO Contract Officer
Tim Collins, EEO Contract Officer
Brenda Hodge, EEO Contract Officer
Madie Hughes, EEO Contract Officer
Darryl Kershaw, EEO Contract Officer
Charles King, EEO Contract Officer
Donald Stinson, Jr., EEO Contract Officer