Business Certification: Professionals
The purpose of the pilot professional certification process (which will continue through Fiscal year 2017) is to reduce time to certify certain professionals into either the Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) or Encouraging Diversity, Growth and Equity (EDGE) programs.
Eligibility for Professional Certification Process
To utilize the professional certification process, the applicant must be employed as one of the following:
- Anesthesiologists and Nurse Anesthetists
- Chemical Dependency Therapists
- Counselors, Social Workers and Marriage and Family Therapists
- Nurses and Nurse Practitioners
- Occupational and Physical Therapists
- Physicians and Physician Assistants
- Psychologists and Psychiatrists
- Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists
Steps to use the Professional Certification Process
An applicant must (a) complete an online Unified Application through the Ohio Business Gateway; (b) provide a copy of state-issued professional licensure or certification, and (c) provide an affidavit verifying professional certification eligibility, which can be found here, and email the completed documents to email@example.com. (Please note that applications submitted as a part of the professional certification process are subject to an on-site review, including a review of each of the documents listed here, by state compliance officers.) Upon approval of the application, the company will receive its certification by email. Review takes an average of 19 days.
Steps for Professional Certification
- Visit Ohio Business Gateway
- Log in using username and password
- Select "Start a Transaction"
- Select "Equal Opportunity Division"
- Select "Unified Application" and complete the form
- Complete the confirmation and checkout process
- Submit affidavit verifying professional certification eligibility to firstname.lastname@example.org