All contractors from whom the state or any of its political subdivisions make purchases shall have a written affirmative action program for the employment and effective utilization of economically disadvantaged persons.
Applicability: Goods or Services
All purchases contracts of $2,500 or more shall contain affirmative action provisions to include the Affirmative Action Program Verification requirement.
The contractor has an option to adopt the State of Ohio’s Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) policy statement and affirmative action program (AAP), or develop and email the company’s EEO policy statement and AAP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The company’s EEO policy may be found unacceptable if
- the policy does not identify the company's designee and contact information for questions or complaints;
- the policy does not include a complete list of protected classes; or
- the policy is outdated.
The company's AAP may be found unacceptable if
- an EEO policy statement is provided as an AAP;
- only a portion of the AAP is submitted; or
- the AAP is outdated.
Steps for Affirmative Action Program Verification Submittal
The applicant must file an Affirmative Action Program Verification application through the Ohio Business Gateway. Please note that only complete applications will be reviewed. Additional information may be requested. Upon application approval, the company will receive its approval email and the certificate is posted on EOD’s website.
Steps to Submit Application
- Visit Ohio Business Gateway
- Log in using username and password
- Select "Start a Transaction"
- Select "Equal Opportunity Division"
- Select "Affirmative Action Program Verification" and complete the form
- Complete the confirmation and checkout process
- Submit supporting documentation as required to email@example.com
Note: Forms will not be received by the Division unless the checkout process is complete and a confirmation number and receipt is received. The form will be received in the Division the following business day.